Through the form of true 21st century style, A$AP Rocky, aka the greatest and best dressed rapper, dropped his new album 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' via Instagram. As a touching tribute to his late business partner and best friend, A$AP Yams, the Harlem rapper merged his face with Yams' for the front cover, in a monochromatic homage of artistry. Changing the sonics of hip hop, A$AP, real name Rakim Mayers, created a new era of sound through his alternative approach to hip hop and as one one of the biggest albums to drop this year, here's five things to expect from it.
1. An 80's legend is featured on there- Scotsman, Rod Steward features on A$AP's recent single 'Everyday', a soulful, calmer version of the rappers usual work.
2. Sweden's best and TFH favorite, Lykke Li is said to be making a vocal appearance on the album.
3. A more cultural side of A$AP will be shown, as he recorded most of the album in London, he says " The energy of London shapes me creatively" and references to the UK are made musically, sonically and lyrically throughout some of the tracks.
4. As he secluded himself for months in a London studio, excommunicating himself from the world, the only form of contact he had with family and friends was with a pager. "All the beepers you see on the covers, isn't to be cool, it's because of the pager".
5. A two year in the making instrumental album is set to be following At.Long.Live.A$AP.