With five floors of retail brillance, the team at Harvey Nichols provided TFH with a weekend away to their Knightsbridge store to endeavour 'The Harvey Nichols Experience'. The department store, located in the heart of London, has become every girl's dream of drowning one's self in designer goods. With the best to choose from, here's five reasons why Harvey Nichols does it better than anyone else:
1. Their collections make you and your closet happy- As soon as they come off the catwalks, the Harvey Nichols team transport it straight to the store, making you the first to experience the newest collections from your favorite designers. With a ridiculously long list of stocked names such as The Row, Rick Owens, Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang and four more floors of designer goods, the Harvey Nichols buying team knows exactly what will make you and your closet coming back for more.
2. Their visual merchandising is worth Instagramming- Either walking past or in store, Harvey Nichols merchandisers mimic the playground of fashion with the most eccentric and conceptual artistry. The current image that your Instagram is worth having? The bubble tank in the window display outside.
3. It's a store, within a store, within another store- Five floors of pure bliss, quality and fashionability, Harvey Nics is like a mall in itself. Starting from the bottom of a floor full of how to make your face pretty, the beauty counters range from the obligatory MAC stand, Eyeko (the brand that will make you look somewhat like Alexa Chung), Stila, and Bobbi Brown. With different floors to fulfil different needs, there's the more luxurious brands; Valentino, Victoria Beckham, Lanvin, the more contemporary brands; Rag and Bone, Helmut Lang, Public School and the all round cool names; Acne, Raf Simons and Toga Pulla. P.S Their 'Sneaker Concept' section is everything, warn your credit card in advance.
4. Their Style Concierge makes you feel like your in Ugly Betty- If you were an Ugly Betty watcher, you'll get the reference. If not, in vision a futuristic tube-like space, whilst entering an all white area of contemporary prettiness. The Style Concierge, is the pinnacle of everyone's fashion needs, fit for your every desire, this space allows you to relax whilst being assisted by the top stylists to make sure you don't look basic for a special occasion.
5. They've gone digital- Since the likes of Burberry, Ralph Lauren and Nordstrom introduced technological concepts into fashion, many other fashion names have hopped on the bandwagon. But, none quite like Harvey Nichols' new, forward thinking loyalty app. Slicker than your average rewards card, the team at Harvey Nic's have taken it one step further, for their tech savvy clientele. How to join? Download the app 'Rewards by Harvey Nichols', and every time you make a purchase in store, open the app and scan the bar code, which will then calculate your points for bigger and better rewards. The benefits? Sale previews, complimentary samples, beauty tutorials, your lunch on them and exclusive launch access. Click Download!