Marfa based designer, Ashley Rowe is changing the way the world looks at denim. Working solely with one material, in different shades and silhouettes, Rowe re-discovers the core of minimalism an presents a paradox of creative designs via blue filtered Instagram feed. “I’m returning to my roots, my love of looking at clothing as a canvas. These new garments are constructed from one fabric and it's minimalism at its finest." In a viscous cycle of fast fashion and commercial outbreak, here's 5 things Ashley Rowe is doing right-
1. Manipulating the human form with rays of denim
2. With a brand that solely uses one fabric, at no point does Rowe bring reference to the awkward denim period of the 90's.
3. Her Instagram feed is a homage to Blue Valentine and Sia.
4. She matches everything with latex boots
5. Her denim turtle neck is the cure for a bad hair day.