5 things to know about Vetements' Fall 2016 show
Gender bending silhouettes, metres of fabrics and a hoodie dedicated to Justin Bieber was what Demna Gvasalia brought to the runway for Vetements' Fall 2016 show at Paris Fashion Week. Old school seemed to be the running theme throughout the collection, with it's alternative take on uniforms, the show was held in a church which Gvasalia stated “It was a kind of a dark season. We had a lot emotions going on in the team – not depressed but definitely a dark mood. And when we thought about places where we could show, after a restaurant and a club, a church was the perfect concept.” Velvet coats, wearable floral dresses, and uncomfortable looking boxy jackets were the stand out pieces for this season. The brand played heavily with fit and form, whether it was shrunken shirts or ridiculously oversized hoodies, here's 5 things that you need to know about the Vetements show.
1. There was a sweatshirt dedicated to Justin Bieber saying 'justin4ever'.
2. The return of the 'word art' has returned and is here to stay.
3. Boxy shoulders and drowning fabrics are a thing for Fall.
4. If you accidentally shrink your shirt, Vetements says that's fine.
5. Demna Gvasalia is making skinny the new unskinny, by plastering it on the back of a jumper.