5 things to know about Nike's Air Max Con in Hong Kong
All images: Hypebeast
As one of the largest ever international celebrations of Nike, Hong Kong has produced a four storey multi-sensory space to mark 29 years of the Air Max inception. The celebrations whicih run from March 24th to March 27th will also continue in the much loved sneaker cultured cities of New York on March 24th and Tokyo on March 23rd, until then, here's five things you should know about the sneaker filled haven in Hong Kong.
1. The Air Max Con is located at the iconic Fringe Club, where the usually colonial architecture has been transformed into a multicoloured wonderland of sneakers, with just about every colour on display.
2. It's like one big giant maze. The space has been separated into sections, showcasing the most prized sneakers of prominent collectors,such as Sneaker Studio, which dissects the design processes of the original Air Max silhouettes; H-T-M Kitchen, where visitors can design their own HTM-approved NIKEiD sneakers; and Vote Back, where sneakerheads can vote on a historic Air Max model to be put back into production.
3. The sneaker museum has been carefully curated by Hiroshi Fujiwara, Tinker Hatfield and Mark Parker.
4. It's not just pretty, it's also informative. The convention will take visitors through a journey of Nike's heritage, design process and innovation stories.
5. You can just walk in. But to secure entry, register here.