5 things to know about Hedi Slimane's replacement
After announcing that Hedi Slimane would be stepping down from his helm at French fashion house Saint Laurent, it took no more than 4 days to find his replacement; Anthony Vaccarello. The Belgian- Italian designer will be presenting his first collection for Saint Laurent at next seasons Paris Fashion Week in October. Known for his body-conscious and asymmetrical approach to fashion, Vaccarello described his new role "I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the history of this extraordinary house.” After resigning from his position as creative director at Versus Versace, here's five things you should probably know about the 'new' Hedi Slimane, that's not Hedi Slimane.
1. Whilst being at Versus, he doubled retail sales between 2014 and 2015.
2. He graduated from one of Brussels' most renowned visual arts school in 1996.
3. He worked at Fendi for two years.
4. He won France’s ANDAM (Association Nationale pour le Développement des Arts de la Mode) award, for up-and-coming designers in 2011.
5. He probably won't live up to Slimane's sequins or studs.