5 things to know about 'The Space In Between'
A voyeuristic documentary that follows high brow artist, Marina Abramovic around Brazil, 'The Space In Between' is a limitless insight into the personal healing and creative process of the Serbian performance artist. Described as "A mixture between road movie and spiritual thriller, the documentary brings an approach of the intimate creative process of one of the most important artists of our time" Here's five things to know about The Space In Between-
1. After many controversial performances, using her body as the main object, the film finally understands why Abramovic can deal with the physicality "I can deal with physical pain, but emotional pain gives me trouble."
2. Just like every human, the artist wants to be loved. In the documentary she says "Maria Callas died from a broken heart, and I don't want it to happen to me."
3. Beautiful scenery shots of Brazil, often with Marina sat still on a chair.
4. Throughout the Brazilian visit, Marina kept a diary where she writes in detail the experiences of her trip.
5. Lots of blood, sweat and tears, literally.